Last modified: June 10, 2016
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This privacy statement describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.cooperativeplaza.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Our Websites is operated from the United States in accordance with laws of the United States.
This privacy statement applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website unless expressly agreed to by you.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this privacy statement. This privacy statement may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after We make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the privacy statementperiodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features (including registration), use any of the interactive features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at ConferenceCenter@nreca.coop.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as e-mail address or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as passwords; or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us or from third parties who have been authorized by you to provide the information to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by registering to use our Website or booking a conference room. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, making a conference room reservation, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Information that you provide when you use the Website.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The automatic data We collect is statistical data and does not include Personal Information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that may be helpful to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about our conference center.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including enforcement purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- As permitted by law, or in a good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to Company, our members, guests, visitors, employees, or property (including this Website), or to others.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please opt-out by contacting ConferenceCenter@nreca.coop.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that We collect or you provide as described in this privacy statement:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are generally bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to return it or destroy it when no longer required.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of NRECA’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by NRECA about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NRECA, our members or others.
- In no event will NRECA sell, rent or lease your Personal Information to any third parties, not expressly stated herein.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to ConferenceCenter@nreca.coop . If We have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at ConferenceCenter@nreca.coop_ to request access to the Website or correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Linking to Other Sites
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is treated as confidential and is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
It is our practice to post any changes We make to our privacy statement on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Information, We will notify you by e-mail to the e-mail address specified in your account or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the privacy statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring We have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this privacy statement to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy statement and our privacy practices, contact us at:
NRECA, Attn: Conference Center Coordinator, 4301 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22203